Fish House 101: ARE YOU READY?
* Check all Axles and Bearing, grease as needed.
* Check Cables, Straps & Ropes for freas and wearing.
* Check your Fish House Corners for Mold or Rotting of Wood.
* Check your Framing & Structure for cracks in welding, nails pulling out, caulking loose, windows leaking etc.
* Get up on a ladder and check that ROOF!, yes actually get UP THERE! Don't assume its ok, this is a vital part of your Fish House. After spending thousands of dollars on a house why would you assume its ok.
* Paint and or Caulk anything that needs it now before it gets cold outside.
* Check your CARPET!, is it moldy or worn. You can find good deals now after the summer is over at any carpet shop for remnant leftovers. Buy good quailty carpet. Why have COLD FEET!
* Check all L.P. Gas Fitting & Stoves now, don't wait til the stores run out of your fitting sizes. l.P. gas will just get higher as the season gets closer so go FILL those tanks now.
* Get a few 5 gallon pails ready, and Power Auger gased up and start it now before its to late and your rope breaks or it will not start when you are on the lake. Order parts now as they may take a few weeks to get.
* Sharpen those Chiansaws & Chisels and place a protector on them so they STAY SHARP!
* Check that Blade on your Power Auger. Is it rusty? Is it sharp? Do you need a new Auger Cover?(www.coldsnapcovers.com)
* Is your Wiring Harness and Lights working properly?
* Do you need NEW L.E.D. Lights so your Battery does not drain so fast like it did last year?(www.northernbrightlights.com)
* Items to have in Fish House ( paper towels, t.p., pens & paper, ice dipper, fillet knife, wooden matches & or lighter, extra hooks, sinkers, jigs, bobbers, cards, board games, blankets, pillows, extra old coat, pliers, snippers, vise grips, screw driver, jig poles, rattle reel parts, newspaper to clean fish on, cool whip containers, 5 quart pail, chairs, radio, marine radio, etc.)
* Many items can be picked up at gargae sales throughout the summer so your exspenses are minimal.
PORTABLE ICE HOUSES
* Check that Canvas & all the Poles for wear or holes
* Is your rope weak?, Get a Digger Hitch mounted on your sled its much easier on your sled, fish house and your ATV or Snowmobile.
* Is your Runners or Gliders worn? these are about $50.00-$75.00 a set for most any style sleds made. This is a whole lot cheaper than a new sled!
* Do you need a new LIGHT sorce? Try a new Northern "BRIGHT" Light L.E.D. Light Kit!
* Lighting for any size portable and very easy to hook up to any 12V power source. Your vexilar battery, or a car battery. They even have NEW Lithium Ion 12V Battery Packs that punch a wallop and last a long time. They are portable and fit right in your pocket they even come with a house charger like acell phone.
* Do you need to modify that sled? How about some storage areas?, Maybe a minnow bucket holder, depyh finder/sonar area.
* Folks there is alot of things that can be done NOW!...Why wait and do it in the cold.
IS YOUR ATV & SNOWMOBILE READY?
This will be covered in the next post...
Thank you for reading.